Between confirmations of information that has already emerged and new details, the picture can be composed as follows:
- the range will consist of four models, but without a “mini” variant
- iPhone 14 (codenamed D27 and D28) will be available in versions with 6.1 “and 6.7” screens; the iPhone mini with a 5.4 “screen will no longer be offered
- non-Pro models will have the same display resolution as the current iPhone 13 Pro and 13 Pro Max
- iPhone 14 Pro and Pro Max (codenamed D73 and D74) will have one screen a little higher to house the new double hole solution that will replace the traditional notch
- 9to5Mac also confirms that two iPhone 14s will continue to be equipped with the Apple A15 chip, while two others – probably the Pro – will use a brand new chip, the A16 as anticipated in the past few hours also by Kuo. The source points out that there are already two versions of the A15 chip – one with a 4-core GPU used in the iPhone 13 and 13 mini and the other with a 5-core GPU currently used in the iPhone 13 Pro, 13 Pro Max and iPad mini. It is not excluded that the non-pro iPhone 14 use the more performing version of the A15 chip
- RAM chapter: this aspect continues to be controversial because 9to5Mac does not support the hypothesis of the arrival of the first iPhones with 8GB of RAM. All will have 6GB of RAM, the source points out.
- the hypothesis that Apple could introduce the support for satellite communication functions. Reliable sources had talked about it close to the launch of the iPhone 13 line, but the project was not then finalized. According to 9to5Mac sources, Apple is still working on it developing prototypes capable of sending text messages via satellite. The system is identified by the codename of “Stewie”, but it is not yet known whether it will make its debut with the next generation of iPhones.
The information shared by the source is not completely unpublished, but allows you to have a fairly complete overview of what can be expected with the arrival of the new Apple smartphones. Since there are still many months left to launch – the appointment, as usual, is expected in the autumn months – it is likely that there will be a lot of returning to the subject many times with further rumors about a product that, despite the years, always remains one of the most talked about (and anticipated) ever.